Here is Jordan on his 5th birthday. He was one happy little boy. Jimmy and I got him a Georgia Bulldog football uniform. I did not know as he said "this is what I have been wanting". Was so glad that he was as excited as he was over this. I can't wait to see him in a few days to see him sporting it. We do love our Jordan!
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Here are blocks 1,2 and 3 of a year long block of the month that I am participating in. There is a quilt shop in Moultrie and my friend Patty and I go there the 2nd Saturday of every month to get our next block. If we return with a completed blcok we get the next months at no charge. Good way to get a quilt top completed. It also helps me to know that I have to get it done by a certain time. As in the night before or maybe in some cases a week before the meeting. We have to head out around 8:15 in order to beat the crowd and be in the first class. It is always good to look and shop!!
Sunday, April 18, 2010
All excited and a little nervous about a medical mission trip to Nairobi, Africa. As Jimmy and I are watching the news early AM we see about the volcano errupting in Iceland. I get the globe down and I think- wonder if that could effect our landing in Amsterdam? Plan was to leave Atlanta on April 15th and return the 24th. We all meet at Dr. Eane's office (the opthamologist that arranged the trip) get all baggage weighed and loaded. After a little exchange of conversation it is time to pray and hit the road. We arrived in Atlanta and ate our "last meal" at Olive Garden. Rahcel and I are drinking our tea because we knew that it was probally our last glass util returning. We get to the airport the sky hops take our luggage, bring us to the ticket counter and they are starting to assign seats. Robbie D. being the first and then----all flights to Europe are canceled! So, needless to say we are standing and waiting for 4 hours I might add to see if they could reroute us. They could but we would leave Atlanta on Sunday evening arrive in Nairobi early tuesday morning and start clinic. I thought to myself whew that would be tuff, but I am part of the team that I believe God has ordained for this trip. So, I will do what Dr. Mark felt led to do. As it turns out he decided after talking to the missionary (Steve) that was working with the pastor of the church there to cancel and maybe try to reschedule in November or December. so, al the great pictures I was going to take will have to wait along with the possibility of a Safari. I was disappointed but also know that God was in control and this all happened for a reason. May never know why but know that God has a plan. I will be ready to go if in fact it does get rescheduled for a later date or maybe another mission trip if it is in God's plan for me.